Monday, July 14, 2008

Jumbo Stuffed Shells

I made this late last night for dinner since I had all the ingredients on hand. I've never made stuffed shells before & I have to say I really liked it alot. This will most definitely go in my recipe arsenal & I'm sure will be made a couple of times a month.



Recipe
1 box Jumbo Shells
1lb. Ground Beef
2Tbs. Olive Oil
1C. finely Chopped Onions
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1Tsp. Salt
1Tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/4tsp. Black Pepper
1/8tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1 egg
1/4C. Heavy Cream
1/4C. Fresh Grated Parmigiano Cheese
1 Large Jar Of Spaghetti Sauce
1 Regular Bag of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook shells as directed on the package. Add Italian Seasoning to ground beef & cook till done & drain grease. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and let that cook with meat for about 10 min on medium heat. Add rest of seasonings & mix well. Stir in egg, cream & parmigano cheese. Ground Beef Mixture should be wet but not runny.

In a 9x13 or larger pan spread some spaghetti sauce till it covers bottom. Take your meat mixture & fill shells. Lay stuffed shells together in a row till complete. Top with rest of spaghetti sauce & then cover with mozzarella. I cover mine with foil & bake for 30 minutes at 350. Enjoy!





No comments: