Sunday, July 6, 2008

Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza & Strawberry Cream Cake

Bobby & I went to Eastern, Kentucky this Thursday for the 4th of July weekend. We went to a super duper country town called Sandy Hook. Sandy Hook is famous for being the hometown of Keith Whitley, the famous country music star that was once married to Lorrie Morgan. We had a great time. The land is beautiful, the pace slow and it's definitely a nice break from the hustle and bustle of Corporate America in the city. So today I was in a cooking mood. I went to the grocery. Which by the way I am on a kick for bargain groceries & coupon cutting. I have saved a ton of money with coupons & honestly can't imagine shopping without them. I bet I save $80/mo. Ok anyways. Tonight for dinner I made a homemade BBQ chicken pizza with crumbled bacon, grilled BBQ chicken, carmelized onions & mozzarella & a white cake with homemade flavored strawberry whipped cream & a vanilla cream frosting. Took pieces of cake over to all the neighbors & they LOVED it. I would so love to open a business that involved cooking or baking. Hmmmm what to do, what to do.



No comments: